I have made toffee plenty of times before using the graham crackers. But I am not a fan of graham crackers so I decided to try something else. Next I am going to try using Vanilla wafers. I must say I like this version a lot! The pretzels stay crunchy but you can't tell it is a pretzel crust unless you look at it. They add just the right amount of salt. So you get the sweet and salty together. It is so easy to make this and tastes so good. The hardest part is waiting for the chocolate to dry to be able to cut them into pieces. You lay your pretzels onto your parchment lined pan. Then you make the toffee part by mixing butter and vanilla and brown sugar. Let that boil for three minutes and pour over the pretzels. Bake and then sprinkle with your choice of chocolate and spread it out onto the warm toffee. You will know it is ready to spread when the chocolate is shiny. So easy and so good!
Here it is all broken up after it had cooled.
Perfect for the holiday parties.
Lay the pretzels out on the pan.
Make sure the toffee mixture is bubbly.
After the chocolate chips melt spread them over the toffee mixture.
- Three cups pretzels
- 1 C Brown sugar
- 1 C Butter
- 2 C Chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spread the pretzels onto your parchment or foil lined baking pan.
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Boil for three minutes.
- Pour over pretzel layer.
- Bake for approximently 5 minutes. Or until bubbling.
- Sprinkle your choice of the chocolate onto the top of the toffee layer.
- Let mel , it is ready to spread when the chips are shiny.
- Spread over toffee layer.
- Let cool and break into pieces.