Chicken With Gnocchi And Chorizo
The perfect dinner party recipe for enjoying with family and friends. The chicken breasts are simple yet perfectly cooked and paired with delicious flavours. Plated beautifully to create an elegant dish that your guests are sure to love. Let us walk you through recreating this recipe - https://atastykitchen.com/chicken-with-gnocchi-and-chorizo/
As with all our dinner party recipes, we encourage you to read ahead and plan. Get your mise en place organised and know your timings. This recipe is simple and quick to make, meaning you get to enjoy more time with your guests. Our recipe serving is set to two so you can easily multiple the qualities as needed.
The key to this dish is cooking the chicken to perfection, follow our top tips and never over cooked chicken breast again.
Chicken With Gnocchi And Chorizo
- 2 Chicken breasts 200g each, skin on
- 1/2 Chorizo sausage cut into 1/2 cm rounds
- 6 ea Portobello mushrooms peeled
- 6 stalks Asparagus trimmed, cut in half
- 5 ea Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 16 pieces Gnocchi store brought
- 100 g Butter
- Canola oil
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Salt and Pepper
White Bean Garlic Puree
- 1 tin Canelinni beans drained, washed
- 4 cloves Garlic peeled
- 2 cups Milk
- Salt to taste
White Bean Garlic Puree (Can be prepared ahead)
- To make the white bean puree, place the beans, garlic and milk into a small pot and bring to a simmer on the stove. Gently simmer until the garlic cloves are soft.
- Strain the milk from the beans, keeping the liquid. Place the beans and garlic into a food processor, add a little of the milk and blend. Adjust the thickness using the milk until you have a smooth puree and season with a pinch of salt. Keep warm until needed.
To Prepare the Dish
- Pre heat the oven to 200 deg °C
- Place a small pot of water on to a medium heat and bring to a simmer, add a pinch of salt. This will be used to cook your gnocchi and asparagus later.
- Using a small roasting tray, place the peeled mushrooms onto the tray. Add a knob of butter to each mushroom and seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add your halved cherry tomatoes to the tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, remove from the oven and set aside until needed.
- Heat a small non stick pan (that can go into the oven) to a medium heat. Grill your chorizo slices on each side until browned. Remove the chorizo slices and place on the tray with your mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Using the same pan, turn the heat to high. Add one tablespoon of canola oil to the pan. Pat the chicken skin dry with a paper towel and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place into the heated pan skin side down.
- Allow the chicken breast to get a little colour in the pan, leaving skin side down place into your oven. Cook in the oven for 8 minutes.
- While your chicken breasts are cooking in the oven, place your asparagus into your pot of simmering water, cook for 2 minutes and remove. Add the gnocchi to the water and cook until the gnocchi floats to the surface. About 4-5 minutes
- Heat a non stick pan to a medium heat, add one table spoon of canola oil and a knob of butter, remove the gnocchi from the water and place into the pan with the oil and butter. Pan fry the gnocchi to get a little colour.
- Add the cooked mushrooms, chorizo and blanched asparagus to the gnocchi pan to warm through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, add a knob of butter and turn the breast over, place back into the oven for 4 minutes. Once cooked remove and spoon the pan juices over the cooked chicken breast to baste. Allow to rest for a few minutes, continuing to baste.
- Warm your white bean garlic puree in a small pot, if required.
- Grab two serving plates and place a generous spoonful of the warm white bean garlic puree into the centre of each plate.
- Arrange the gnocchi, mushrooms, chorizo, asparagus and cherry tomatoes around the white bean puree.
- Cut the chicken breast down the centre and place on top of the white bean puree.
- Spoon over the juices from the chicken pan, serve and enjoy!