Chicken Fried Rice
Do you ever have left over rice and your not sure what to do with it? It’s not fresh enough to just heat up, so most of the time it gets wasted and thrown way the next day.
If you have this problem then this recipe will save you!! Leftover rice is the BEST rice to use in a fried rIce recipe. In fact using freshly made is not a good idea, the rice will be sticky and not fry up like you would like it to in a typical fried rice.
In this recipe I use marinated chicken, but you can use tofu, salmon, or meat. (Or keep it just veggies)
Whats fun about “leftover” meals is you can be creative. Whatever vegetables you have in the fridge will be delicious.
I marinated the chicken in a sweet and spicy marinade which in the end gives my stir fry an amazing flavor.
You can make this marinade, and use it as a seasoning if you are choosing to make this recipe without chicken.
Finish the dish with fresh herbs and you’ve got yourself a restaurant dish made right at home, with ingredients that you may have thought weren’t worth keeping in the kitchen.
Chicken Fried Rice
For the marinade
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Siracha
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
For the fried rice
- 1 carrot julienne
- 1/4 cabbage julienne
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 garlic diced
- 3 spoonfuls of chopped ginger
- 10 button mushrooms diced
- 3 large eggs
- 3 chicken breast diced and marinated
- 2 cups of white rice (preferable 1 date old)
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 bunch coriander
- Heat a wide sauté pan and start with canola oil, stir fry the marinated chicken in the pot, and then set aside
- In the same pan, add in the garlic, ginger, and slightly sauté. Then add in the carrot, zucchini, mushrooms
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, and mix as if you were making an omelette, then add into the pan where the vegetables are sautéing
- Then add in the cabbage Then the chicken
- Lastly add in the rice and quickly sauté all the ingredients together until all the stir fry is covered in the marinade and sizzling hot
- Lastly finish the dish with fresh basil, and coriander
- The great thing about stir frys is you can choose what vegetables you’d like to use There are no rules, whatever you like just add!
- It is important that the pan is sizzling hot the whole time during fried rice.. and if you feel the pan is a bit dry just add in some more canola oil
- I recommend not substituting the canola oil with olive oil, mainly because the frying has to be at a high temperature and with olive oil there is a higher risk you will burn it.
You won’t allow me to copy it!