These donuts are so soft and cakey and easy to make! Such a fun baking project for kids too.
I wouldn’t suggest changing anything in this recipe, keep the ingredients and measurements the same and you won’t be disappointed.
Use regular all-purpose flour for best results. I haven't tested other flours but if you do, feel free to leave me a comment below!
Use cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Use 1 medium-sized egg for best results.
Use granulated sugar for best results.
Use milk and greek yogurt. You can use any yogurt/milk you prefer for this recipe.
Use melted coconut oil or any other oil you may prefer.
To make the glaze, all you will need is some powdered sugar and milk.
Crushed oreos to top.Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- Donut Pan
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 Whisk
- Spatula to mix
For measuring: 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/3 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2-4 oreos
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F/180°C and prepare the donut pan.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to another bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Make a hole in the dry and add the wet ingredients. Mix until combined into a thick batter.
- You will need to use a piping bag or a spoon to fill up the donut pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, crush the oreos and make the glaze.
- To make the glaze, combine about 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk together until smooth.
- Top the donuts with glaze and crushed oreos, enjoy!
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!