ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE
Everyone needs a little love in their life and an simple quick recipe that the kids will love and is ready in absolutely no time. I originally made this recipe for Valentine's day, but it can of course be used any day of the year. Perfect for playdates or to bring with you at the park, or even just for yourself when you are in need of a sweet treat. They are so easy you won't believe it, and the end result is quite cute. They would also do as great teacher gifts and you could make them with your older children.
- 1 rectangular roll of puff pastry
- Roll out the puff pastry and brush on the whole surface some water.
- Using a fine mesh sieve sprinkle on the cocoa until you cover the whole surface. Then use your hands to top that with a sprinkling of sugar.
- Take the longest side of the puff pastry and fold it in by about 2cm. Brush some water on the fold and then fold again. Continue like that until you get to the middle of the puff pastry. Then turn and repeat the same on the other long side. In the end your sets of folds should join up in the middle.
- Bring the two halves together, one on top of the other. Brush the whole outer side of your puff pastry with water and sprinkle some extra sugar. Then with a knife cut the mini hearts so that they are 2 cm each.
- Place them on some baking paper, keeping them well spaced out, and bake them at 180° celsius in an oven on fan mode for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool slightly before serving!