Easy Beef and Broccoli
Everyone needs a recipe that everyone in the Family can enjoy. And I think this recipe by justataste.com is just the one for you. This has become a family favorite.
With 9 ingredients and about 20 minutes and you will have a fantastic meal to serve your family and friends. I have been following @justataste on instagram for the last year and have made several of her recipes. She has a great pretzel recipe that I have made about 5 times, you really should check out her site.
Growing up, I never liked Broccoli and onions were not my favorite either. But, as I try new recipes that I think my family would like, I have discovered that I really do like more foods than I thought.
Easy Beef and Broccoli over white rice is the way I go. You could put it over any kind of rice you like. I made a little extra sauce to pour over the rice as well. This is a recipe that you can make during the week, it's that simple. You won't be disappointed in this recipe!
Easy Beef and Broccoli
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced white onions
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water. Add the beef to the bowl and toss to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch with the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil and once it is hot, add the beef and cook, stirring constantly until the beef is almost cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beef to a plate and set it aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan and once it is hot, add the broccoli florets and sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes. (See Kelly’s Notes.)
- Return the beef to the pan then add the prepared sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens slightly. Serve with rice or noodles.