Creamy Pork Loin Chops
This one pan, creamy pork loin chops recipe, keeps all the cooking in one pan to develop amazing flavour. We show you how to sear and cook the meat to perfection, then make the creamy sauce all in the same pan. Keeping all those delicious cooking juices for the sauce, yum!
For the full recipe and all our chef tips: Creamy pork loin chops recipe.
This simple dish is full of classic flavour pairings with pork, apple, pancetta and brandy that is sure to be a winner around the table. (Check out our tips below for substituting the brandy!)
So if you are looking for some pork loin chop inspiration and you're ready to discover a new favourite, this recipe is for you. Enjoy!
Ingredients and substitutes.
- Pork loin chops - For this recipe we used a boneless mid section pork loin, which when cooked right is a delicious, tender cut of pork. Due to its low fat content, you need to cook this meat quickly to keep it tender and to prevent it from drying out. You could replace this with another cut of pork chop.
As always we recommend getting to know your local butcher, have a chat with them about what they have available and they will guide you through finding the right!
- Canola oil
- Shallots - can be substituted with a red onion.
- Pancetta - can be substituted with smoked bacon.
- Brandy - if you don't have brandy, you can substitute this with half a cup of white wine. Or if you are looking for an alcohol free version use a splash of apple cider vinegar, to cut through the richness of the flavours in this dish.
- Granny smith apples - or any green apple.
- Baby spinach
Create this dish in 3 easy steps.
- Cook the pork to perfection!
This cut of meat still has the skin on. So take time to score the skin (we use a box cutter or a freshly sharpened knife will do the job too). Heat a heavy cast iron ovenproof dish (or heavy ovenproof frying pan) to smoking hot. Then stand the cuts up, so they are skin side down and sear the skin, creating delicious crispiness. Then sear both sides of the flesh, add some butter to the pan and pop it into a preheated 180 deg Celsius oven. Cooking for 3 minutes of each side. Once cooked, cover and rest the meat in a resting dish to collect the juice. This method will produce a beautiful tender piece of pork!
- Create the delicious creamy sauce.
Use the same pan you cooked the pork in to create the sauce. Pour out the remaining juices into a bowl and reserve for later. Heat the pan over a medium heat. Add a little oil then the shallots, garlic, pancetta and fry till golden brown. Add the diced apples and brandy, flambé the brandy (using a lighter or match to ignite the alcohol, wait until the flame is out) reduce until the liquid has nearly evaporated then add the cream. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes, add the spinach and allow to wilt. Creating a rich and beautifully paired sauce for the pork.
- Assemble the dish and enjoy.
Add the rested pork back into the pan, mixing the reserved resting and pan juices into the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the meat and serve!
A seriously flavour packed dish, this creamy pork loin chops recipe is sure to become a family favourite!
Love this dish? Please leave us a review below. And come join us on social, tag us in your delicious photos Facebook Hungry for more deliciousness? Subscribe to our newsletter, to receive our latest e-recipe book and never miss another ATK recipe!
Creamy Pork Loin Chops
- 4 Pork loin chops (Boneless)
- 4 tablespoon Canola oil
- 100 g Butter
- 2 Shallots (Finely diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (Finely chopped)
- 80 g Pancetta (Cut into small dice)
- 60 ml Brandy
- 2 Granny smith apples (Peeled and diced into small cubes)
- 250 ml Cream
- 100 g Baby spinach
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C /356 °F and prep the ingredients list.
Cook the pork loin chops
- To prepare your pork loin chops, using a sharp knife (we use a box cutter) score through the skin in 5mm intervals.
- Heat a cast iron oven proof dish (or an ovenproof fry pan), add your canola oil and heat until smoky.
- Add the butter to the pan, allowing it to melt then place into the oven. Cook for 3 minutes then turn the pork chops over and cook for another 3 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven. (See note 2 below)
- Transfer your pork chops to a resting dish to catch the juices and cover to keep warm.
Create the sauce. (See note 3 below)
- Place the pan you cooked your pork in on the stovetop on a medium heat. Pour out the remaining juices into a bowl and reserve for later. Heat the pan over a medium heat. Add a little oil then add the shallots, garlic, pancetta and fry until golden brown.
- Add the diced apples and brandy. Reduce the brandy until the liquid has evaporated then add the cream.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the baby spinach, allow to wilt in the sauce.
- Add your pork chops, including all the juices, back into the pan and cover with the sauce.
- Serve with your favourite sides and enjoy!
- Notes/ Tips
- 1. We recommend spending time to crisp the pork loin skin in the pan, this adds an extra texture to the finished dish.
- 2. Use a meat thermometer to check if cooked, internal temperature should reach 63°C /145 °F , cover and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- 3. Use one dish that can move from hob to oven and back to hob, to build delicious flavour.
Did you mean score the fat? Why are you using a box cutter instead of a sharp kitchen knife ?