Whether it’s a weeknight or weekend meal, you can’t go wrong with a big skillet of turkey meatballs in a rich homemade tomato sauce with lots of crispy, warm, buttery, garlic bread to soak up the sauce. Use homemade sauce or bottled sauce, either way, my secret sauce ingredient is fennel seed. It adds a great flavour punch. Turkey meatballs are so healthy and this dish will be a hearty addition to your meal roster. I highly recommend baking the meatballs instead of searing them in your skillet so that they are not fried in oil thereby reducing the fat content of the dish.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped kale or arugula
- 4 large size garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- Preheat the oven to 400F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the meatballs, add the flour, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl and stir together.
- Beat the eggs and stir them into the bowl.
- Stir in your kale, onion, and garlic.
- Now add your turkey and mix together just enough to get everything evenly distributed.
- Use a 1 1/2-inch scoop to scoop the meatballs Place them evenly spaced on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake at 400 for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Add meatballs to the heated tomato sauce and serve warm as part of your entree with a side of garlic bread for scooping up all the sauce.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published March 8th, 2021 12:51 AM