Here presenting Pomegranate Yogurt Parfait recipe. It has all the beautiful layers of creamy pomegranate yogurt, homemade pomegranate jam/syrup and digestive biscuits/ graham crackers.
Pomegranate Yogurt Parfait
To make this dessert even healthier skip the whipped cream and chocolate topping . And use honey as sweetener for both jam and yogurt.
Pomegranates are one of my favorite fruits. I love the beautiful color
of the pomegranate juice and that lovely crunch of pomegranate seeds.
Yogurt and pomegranate makes the great combination that is irresistible.
I am also sharing the recipe of pomegranate jam/syrup. you can use this on ice cream/pancakes or any dessert.
I used cornstarch paste as a thickener. You can adjust the consistency of the jam by adjusting the cooking time. Once cooled down you can also store this jam /sauce in airtight container for a week(in refrigerator).
This is super tangy and sweet dessert that is healthier than heavy cream mousse or parfait. It's perfect dessert for Christmas or valentine's day.
Here is a video tutorial of this recipe. Give this unique recipe a try and let me now how it turns out for you guys. also mention any queries you have in the comments below..i would be happy to help you.
Pomegranate Yogurt Parfait
- 2 Cup Plain Yogurt(1 Cup Hung Curd)
- 1 Large Pomegranate( 2 small Pomegranate)
- 1/2 Cup Pomegrante Seeds
- 3-4 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch(also known as Cornflour)
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 5-6 Graham Crackers/ Digestive Biscuits
- Chocolate for topping(Optional)
- Dollop of whipped cream for topping(Optional)
To Prepare Hung Curd
- In a bowl place a sieve/strainer with cheese cloth/Cotton cloth.
- Add 2 cups yogurt into that and tie the cheese cloth/cotton cloth well.
- Hang it somewhere to drip for 5-6 hours. Place a bowl underneath to collect water dripped from yogurt.
- After 6 hours you will get 1 cup of Hung Curd. You can use store bought Plain Greek yogurt. No need to prepare the hung curd if you have Greek Yogurt.
To prepare the Pomegranate Jam/Sauce
- De seed the large pomegranate(or use 2 small). You will get around 1 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds from a large pomegranate.
- Place all the seeds in a juicer/blender and blend until you get nice pomegranate juice.
- Strain the juice well to get rid of the seeds.
- Now in a saucepan add the pomegranate juice. Bring it boil on high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- When the juice starts bubbling turn the heat down to medium and add sugar. Add sugar according to your taste and sweetness of pomegranate.
- Add lemon juice and Cook the sauce/jam for 4-6 minutes until slightly thickens.
- Mix the 1 tbsp cornstarch with 2 tsp of water and make a paste. Add this paste to cooked pomegranate juice and mix well.
- Turn heat to high , cook and mix the juice well until you get nice thick pomegranate jam/sauce.
- Get this cooked jam/sauce off the heat and let it cool down completely. You can use this with ice cream,pancakes or any dessert you like. Once cooled down you can also store this in airtight container for a week(in refrigerator)
To prepare pomogranate flavored yogurt
- Add the prepared Hung curd/Greek yogurt in a bowl.
- Add sugar and prepared pomegranate jam/sauce.
- Using a whisk mix everything well and lovely pomegranate yogurt is ready.
To prepare the yogurt parfait
- First crush 5-6 Graham crackers/digestive biscuits into crumbs. You can also use granola/ Oreo biscuits crumbs.
- Now in a glass/jar add the layer of biscuit/cracker crumbs.
- pour some pomegranate jam and pomegranate yogurt.
- Top with some pomegranate seeds.
- Repeat the layers of crumbs, yogurt and jam. Add handful of pomegranate seeds on top. Add some chocolate shavings and whipped cream if you like.
- Serve chilled...Enjoy!!!