Cheddar Cheese Cookies
Do you like mac and cheese, goldfish crackers, cheese toasties...or just cheese in general? These crispy little bites of concentrated cheese flavour can curb any craving.
You can add greens like chopped parsley or chives, or other herbs and spices that you feel would work well.
Do keep in mind the amount of salt that you are adding to the recipe, especially if the cheeses you are using are more on the salty side.
It will last for around 10 days in an airtight container at room temperature, but are definitely best within the first few days as they are more crumbly than hard, and so are prone to high humidity.
For more recipe ideas please visit my IG: olivia_homecook
Cheddar Cheese Cookies
- 2 cups (225 grams) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup (113.5 g) salted butter, at room temperature
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt (or any salt you like)
- ½ tsp smoked paprika powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ cups (187.5 g) all-purpose flour
- Any of the following additional flavors ( this is optional)
- 1 tsp everything but the bagel seasoning (omit the salt from the recipe)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the cheese, butter, salt, paprika, black pepper and garlic powder until fluffy for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, fold in half of the flour and mix it well using a spatula, add in the other remaining half of the flour and mix well. Once a loose dough forms, you can use your hands to mix until well combined and formed.
- Divide the dough into two parts. Place one half on top of plastic/cling wrap and shape it into a 1-inch-diameter log. Wrap well and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 338°F or 170°C. Line the baking trays with baking sheets.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, unwrap, and place on a cutting board. Cut the log into ⅛-inch-thick slices and place ¼ inch apart on the prepared baking trays.
- Bake in the oven for about 13 - 15 minutes until the edges are slightly browned.
- Take out from the oven and let the crackers rest for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack.