Coming at you with another delicious gluten free dish! This pairs perfectly with meats or fish (check out my previous fish recipe) and only requires minimal ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Seriously, put onion, garlic, tomatoes, rice, spinach, and chicken stock in a pot and forget about it until it becomes the perfect dish of rice.
In these photos I opted for a short grain brown rice because its my favorite type, but feel free to use white rice, basmati, or whatever you like. I do not recommend sticky rice though!
Check out my Instagram for more side dish ideas @tikofoods
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups chicken or veggie stock
- 1/2 red or white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan then add diced onion and minced garlic
- Saute until fragrant then add the brown rice and toast it for 30 seconds
- Add the chicken stock, full tomatoes, and spinach
- Bring to a boil then cover and lower heat to a simmer
- Mix occasionally and cook until all liquid is absorbed
- Season with salt and pepper
- Garnish with parsley
Published May 31st, 2022 8:16 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!
Load more comments
4 of 6 comments
I would put the spinach in for a few seconds just before serving
about how long does it take for the liquid to be absorbed?