Potato Basmati Rice
This delicious recipe for Potato and Basmati Rice is the perfect dish for Lunch or Dinner. Basmati rice is an important ingredient; you can substitute long grain regular white rice, but the dish won't be as fragrant. Basmati rice smells so good when it's cooking. It's easy to find in most large grocery stores.
Potato rice is a simple yet delicious recipe made with just few ingredients which is easy to make , this recipe is a time saver which can be packed easily for lunch and kids enjoy this recipe at school.
We don't need any side dish for this recipe because crispy fried potatoes from the rice itself does it magic. Lets see how to make this potato rice recipe.
Share your feedback on how was it ?
Perfect meal for Lunch/Dinner
How beautiful the plate looks, right ?
The separated long grains of Basmati Rice looks amazing
Lovely golden looking rice
Potato Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 russet potato (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- Pinch saffron threads
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup long grain basmati rice
- 2 cups vegetable
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cashew
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet and add the onion.
- Sauté and stir for a few minutes, then add diced potato. Cook and stir until potatoes are golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Then stir in cumin, turmeric, saffron threads, salt, and basmati rice; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add vegetable broth and water and stir gently. The potatoes are first cooked until they turn golden. Then spices and rice are added, and the whole thing is topped with broth. The dish simmers until the potatoes are golden brown and tender and the rice is perfectly cooked.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes until rice is tender.
- Add almonds, cashew and stir gently. Taste for seasoning; add more salt and pepper if you'd like, then serve.
- Enjoy with Papadum/ Raita
- Add lemon on top for a great taste