Super comforting mid-week meal that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
If you are looking for quick, easy, creamy comfort food, you just found it! This is the kind of meal that makes you feel all warm inside and you know the kids will eat without having a battle at the table. So it you like a pasta bake, I can guarantee that you will love this tortellini bake for sure!!! And it’s actually a lot easier and quicker than your traditional pasta bake, as tortellini are ready in no time. If you can't find tortellini, ravioli or tortelloni should also work in this recipe and you can choose your favourite filling.
- 17oz tortellini with your preferred filling (I go for spinach and ricotta, but any will work)
- 2 1/4 cups passata
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- Pre-heat the oven at 200C/392F.
- In a large pan, heat up some olive oil and cook the finely diced onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the passata and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the tortellini in salted water for 2 minutes, then drain and add to the tomato sauce. Mix well to coat them.
- Mix in half of the grated Parmesan and half of the mozzarella, then transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- Scatter the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan on top and bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and turning golden. Serve straight from the oven!
- Extra veg opportunity: if you want to sneak in more veg to the dish, just add them to the sauce together with the tortellini. Some cooked peas or a handful of spinach leaves would work so well!