I have seen recipes for garlic noodles all over the food universe. Why? Because noodles are comfort food for many people and garlic noodles are super easy to make and pull off pretty much anytime. I bet you already have the ingredients in your fridge and pantry. I know I do.
The best thing about these noodles is that you can use whatever type of noodle you have in your pantry, even spaghetti. I know I always have a box or two do spaghetti lying around. The cooking time is really quick especially for those nights that where you’re feeling tired but need to get dinner in the table. I whipped up these noodles for lunch one time and my hubby told me, it was such a fancy lunch. I giggled because it took no effort for this fancy lunch. I hope you try this dish!
- 1 410g box of spaghetti or any noodle you desire
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 10 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsps brown sugar
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook your noodles according to the packages instructions to 1 minute past the Al dente stage if you’re using spaghetti noodles.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter and add in the sliced garlic. Cook until fragrant and the garlic is just starting to brown. Add in the scallions, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and sugar. Mix to combine.
- Toss in the spaghetti noodles and mix it with the sauce. Add in reserved pasta water as needed to loosen and to make a sauce but don’t add too much. This is not a saucy noodle dish. The final product should be more of a fry noodle.
- Add in the sesame oil and parmesan cheese. Toss to combine and then serve with additional grated parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy.
- This makes a great side dish for steak.
You had me at GARLIC. Will be perfect with angel hair or vermicelli. My group has health concerns so I only make a pasta dish once a week. Would be good with a little roast chicken or fish in the side for some protein. Can't wait! Thank you for sharing. ❤️