Amazing Alfredo Sauce
I went on a cruise 12 years ago to the Mexican Riviera and it was so awkward. My husband and I had been married for five years and had never been on a cruise. We didn't know that different cruise lines cater to certain age groups. We ended up on a senior citizen cruise where the halls were empty at 8pm. We were the only ones dancing in the night clubs with the young staff. The only activity that I seemed to share in common was a cooking class. The chef taught us how to make authentic Alfredo sauce using fresh cream and Parmesan. This is not the recipe I learned but at the time that was the best Alfredo sauce I had ever eaten. I wasn't able to replicate it at home when I got back because the recipe used the metric system and trying to convert was a little tricky for me - I'm pretty sure I kept the recipe so now maybe the older version of me can figure it out.
I love to take cooking classes, although they are hard to find in my area. I had the recent experience of touring Europe the summer of 2019 and I was able to take a cooking class in Florence, Italy. I learned to make the best chocolate mousse and homemade ravioli. It was such a fun experience! Maybe I will be able to share those recipes on a future post. I wanted to share with you an easy version of a classic Alfredo sauce so you will never buy canned Alfredo sauce again! I even dare say, this is even better than any restaurant Alfredo sauce you will ever have. Next time you are craving high end quality Italian, then whip up this very easy and inexpensive sauce and your taste buds will thank you!
This Alfredo sauce is so creamy and rich you can pour it over noodles, use it for a white sauce on pizza, use as a dip with homemade breadsticks, heck - I would eat my own arm if it was dipped in this sauce!
Here are the ingredients (not shown 1/2 C or 1 Stick of Butter).
Melt your stick of butter in a sauce pan.
Add 4oz Cream Cheese and 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder.
When the three ingredients have melted, add in a pint of Heavy Whipping Cream.
Stir until combined
Stirring occasionally, bring to a low boil and turn down heat and stir until thick. If you are combining this with noodles - get your pot ready to boil your noodles.
When your sauce has thickened over low/med. heat it is time to add in 1/2 C Parmesan cheese.
Add some fresh ground pepper and salt to your liking and enjoy this sauce anyway you want! It is seriously the best Alfredo sauce you will ever eat!
Amazing Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 C or 1 Stick of Butter
- 4oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Melt 1 stick of butter in sauce pan. Add 1/2 tsp Garlic powder and 4 oz cream cheese and mix until melted (it will be lumpy). Add in 1 pint of heavy whipping cream and turn up the heat until it comes to a low boil.
- When it comes to a boil, turn down the heat and stir occasionally until it gets thick. When sauce has thickened after 10 minutes or so, add in 1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add in fresh ground pepper and salt to your liking and enjoy!
- If you want to use as a dip and need the sauce thicker add in a tablespoon of flour to thicken it to your liking.
- You can use fresh grated or shredded parmesean cheese or try romano.