As a person that avoids dairy, this pasta satisfies all my cravings. It is so creamy and delicious, you guys will love this dinner/lunch idea.
Ingredients in alfredo pasta
The main ingredients in this recipe are cashews and cauliflower so I would not suggest changing or leaving them out. You can choose to steam the cashews and cauliflower together or leave them to soak in hot water for a few hours .Use garlic, lemon juice and nutritional yeast to bring out the flavors. If you are not vegan or dairy-free you can opt to use parmesan cheese instead of nutritional yeast. You will also need to use milk to make the texture creamier and thin it out. Use dairy-free milk or regular.
Tools you will need to make this
You won't need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- 1 blender or food processor
- 1 cutting board
- 1 pot
For measuring: 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
- 9.8 oz pasta of choice 280g
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 - 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk (dairy-free/regular)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Start by cooking the pasta according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, steam the cashews and cauliflower.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor. You can add more milk if you want to thin it out more.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and enjoy!