Seer (Vanjaram) Fish Fry
Last month my husband wanted to introduce boneless fish fry to my daughter. To my surprise my daughter was blown away with the taste and the fact it's boneless. I'm a pure vegetarian though just love to cook Non vegetarian recipes for my family. It's a simple fish fry that requires few ingredients . You can use ghee and lots of curry leaves to make the fish fry more aromatic. I always prefer Fresh fish which is firm & lightly marinated with spices, simmered on a low heat to absorb flavours. I don't use garam masala for marination else the flavours of the fish is lost.
This seer fish fry is a quick recipes, just need little time for marination and you can relish this crispy fish fry with steamed rice and dal.
To begin making the Seer Fish Fry Recipe, wash and clean the fish steaks with water and dry them thoroughly on a paper towel. Set aside. Now In a bowl, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, cornflour, Hung curd, lemon juice & salt. Mix to form a thick paste. If the mix is too thick, then add a few drops of water.
Check for the taste, if necessary then add salt or chilli powder accordingly. Take the fish steaks one by one and coat both the sides with the masala mix. Allow the fish steaks to marinate atleast for 30 mins to 1 hours. After fish steaks are nicely marinated then shallow fry the fish steals from both the sides till they are cooked well. Serve Seer Fish fry with steam rice and dal or you can enjoy only with some green salad.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make Seer Fish Fry. If you like the recipe then please comment below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
Seer (Vanjaram) Fish Fry
- 300 grams Seer Fish (Vanjaram Fish) cut into steaks
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 or 1 Tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 Black pepper powder
- 1 &1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp Hung curd
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for Shallow frying
- Clean the fish steaks and dry them thoroughly on a paper towel. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, cornflour, lemon juice & salt. Mix to form a thick paste. If the mix is too thick, then add a few drops of water.
- Apply the paste on both sides of the fish. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 mins marination, heat oil in a frying pan.
- Shallow fry the fish slices from both the sides till they are cooked.
- Serve Seer Fish Fry with Dal and Steamed Rice for a weekday meal.
- You can Marinate for more hours as well.
- Adjust the red chilli powder and black pepper powder according to your taste bud.
- Hung Curd is optional.
- Serve it immediately.