Fluffy Loaded Eggs
This omelette/soft scrambled egg is a little different because instead of putting the toppings in the egg mixture, I use them as an actual topping. I topped this delicious egg with roasted peppers, caramelized onions, feta cheese, arugula, and scallions.
I use milk (dairy or dairy-free) to achieve the fluffiest seasoned eggs. I think it is so important to season your eggs regardless of how they are being cooked. I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika every time I scramble, fry, or make an omelette-styled egg. It adds so much flavor!
This is a delicious breakfast piled with all of the goods! Toppings can be adjusted according to preference.
Check out my Instagram @tikofoods for more yummy recipes!
Fluffy Loaded Eggs
- 4 eggs
- 1 white onion
- handful of arugula
- 1 red pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 scallion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- chili flakes to garnish
- 3 tbsp butter or ghee
For the egg
- Crack the eggs into a bowl then add the milk and all seasonings
- Whisk together very well
- Heat butter or ghee in a pan on low, then add the egg mixture
- As the eggs cooks, use a spatula to push the edges of it into the center. This will change the shape, creating a slow-scrambled egg. We are not breaking it up, just moving the egg as it cooks. Alternatively, cook it like an omelette and flip.
- Once you have a desired shape, cover with a lid if needed to let the top finish cooking.
- Place the egg on a plate
For the veggies
- Heat ghee or butter in a pan on low-medium then add 1 diced white onion
- Season with salt and pepper then stir occasionally until browned
- On a different pan, do the same with sliced red pepper until soft and roasted
- Once the veggies are done, place them on top of the egg along with the scallion, feta cheese, and arugula
- Garnish with chili flakes, more salt, and more pepper.
Published August 9th, 2020 10:46 AM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!