Make delicious homemade Almond Pesto using toasted almonds, fresh basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, and olive oil that you can use on pizza, pasta, as a dipping sauce, and more!
Making pesto at home is easier than you think, and this Almond Pesto recipe is no exception. You only need a handful of ingredients and a food processor or blender to get the most delicious and healthy sauce.
Pesto is such a versatile condiment and can be used in many different dishes. Check out my Veggie Garden Pesto Pizza and my Air Fryer Zucchini Pesto Bites for a few ideas on what to use this pesto for.
Ingredients for Almond Pesto.
Almond pesto in a jar.
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- If your almonds are not toasted yet, you can quickly toast them on the stove or in the oven. For the stovetop, place the nuts in a dry skillet and heat over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. For the oven method, preheat the oven to 350°F degrees and bake the nuts on a baking sheet for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Place the garlic cloves, parmesan cheese, almonds, basil, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Pulse/process until everything is combined and starts to look like a paste. Scrape down the sides if needed to get everything together.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil as you continue to process. You can also add the olive oil in batches to combine. Check for taste and add more salt if needed.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze for later. Enjoy!
- Store this pesto in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to a week.
- You can freeze this pesto in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months. Make sure to leave some room at the top of your container so the pesto can expand.
- You can sub raw almonds for toasted almonds.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published September 7th, 2021 1:19 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!