Easy Crab Dip
Here's an easy dip recipe to make for your next party. You can serve this Crab Dip as a warm appetizer or a cold dip - your choice.
Easy to make ahead of your party, this crab dip can be served with toasted wontons, crackers or chunks of hearty bread.
The cream cheese makes this dip so creamy and you can use either fresh crab or canned crab (so much easier!)
Simply add all the ingredients (minus the wonton wrappers) and gently stir to combine them well.
Spread the crab mixture into an 8 x 8 pan and bake. While it's baking, get the wonton wrappers ready to make into crackers. You can see the whole process for making the crackers here at Cocktails and Appetizers.
Transfer the dip into a serving bowl, arrange the wonton cracker s around and enjoy!
Easy Crab Dip
- 12 oz lump crab meat (2 cans)
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ bunch green onions, chopped fine
- 1 pack wonton wrappers
- Sea salt
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all dip ingredients until well combined.
- Spread into an 8x8 baking dish prepared with nonstick spray.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until bubbly.
- Cut wonton sheets in half to form triangles.
- Lay in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Let your cream cheese soften at room temperature before using; this will make it easier to work with and yield a fluffier dip. You can soften it on a low setting with your microwave in a pinch.
- To prepare this dip ahead of time, follow the directions up until the point of baking, then cover with plastic and store in the fridge. Pull it out and pop it in the oven when it's time to serve.
- If you're baking this dip from the fridge, give it an extra minute or two of baking time.