This easy 3-ingredient almond marzipan recipe is delicious and egg-free, making it suitable for vegan food lovers.
The marzipan tastes nutty, sweet ( but not too sweet) and the texture reminds me somewhat of that of cookie dough. It should come as no surprise that marzipan is one of my favorite holiday sweets!
During the holidays, especially in December, Dutch supermarkets are filled with delicious marzipans of all shapes and colors. I had always bought my marzipan in the supermarket until I figured out how easy it was to make it myself!
Another big plus is that most of the time your homemade marzipan costs way less than a store-bought marzipan, and it tastes exactly the same (or better)!
For more information check the original recipe on my website www.lazyhomecook.com
Check out my Instagram account: lazyhomecookk
- 125 gr raw almonds, unprocessed with skins on
- 110 gr powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- ¼ tbsp lemon zest
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add raw almonds and boil them for 40 seconds.
- Drain the almonds and rinse with cold water. Remove the skin and dry the almonds completely (with a dishcloth), and discard the skins.
- Combine the almonds and powdered sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until the nuts are finely ground. Add lemon zest and water and process again until combined.
- Remove the almond paste from the processor, knead a bit and shape into a log.
- Wrap it in a plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.