I love edible activities! And this “fruit sushi” checks all the boxes. A fun mid-morning brain break for the kiddos, complete with a tasty and healthy snack, all wrapped up into one. It is also a great way to use up little bits of fruits and things that you have left in the house. The kids can be creative, get a little messy, but the best part is it’s a guarantee they’ll want to eat it when they are done! Also, this can easily be modified for nut or gluten allergies. Pro tip: Set it up on butcher paper so clean up is a snap!
Super delicious and healthy!
The set up for 2!
The set up for 1!
- One peeled banana per child
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter or greek yogurt (or both)
- Granola or crushed cereal
- Toppings: shredded coconut, honey, cut strawberries or blueberries, raspberries, grapes, raisins (use your imagination! And what you have)
- Prepare ingredients on a plate, or in bowls for your child.
- Have your child use a butter knife or spoon to spread the peanut butter or yogurt on the banana.
- Roll in granola or cereal.
- Top with fruits or any ingredients they want! Then slice up for them like sushi!
- Set this up on butcher paper for easy clean up
Published October 27th, 2020 2:54 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!