Super easy vegan treats that will totally surprise you how good they are
Chickpeas? With chocolate? I was very surprised too when I first experimented with this recipe that was given to me by an Italian friend of mine. But they are so so delicious! You guys really need to try out this one!
I made these when my mum was over a few weeks ago and they were literally all gone within 5 minutes. And no one guessed that they had chickpeas in them!!!
The best thing? They are almost guilt free and suitable for babies and toddlers too! And they so so easy, you could definitely make it into a fun activity to do with the children. They can have fun rolling out the little balls
- 1 x 14oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 1/4 tbsp peanut butter
- 3/4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 3.5oz dark chocolate
- In a mixer or blender, blend the chickpeas, maple syrup and peanut butter.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and then form lots of little balls of about 0.7oz each by rolling them between your palms or on a surface.
- Put them on a plate and leave them in the fridge to firm up for at least half an hour.
- After that time, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave, and then roll each ball in the chocolate to cover it completely. Put them on a plate again and place them in the fridge until the chocolate becomes hard (it will take about an hour).
- Enjoy straight from the fridge!