Caramel Bread Pudding
Caramel Bread Pudding is a steamed pudding made using custard powder, milk, bread and sugar. It's a perfect & super easy dessert for any occasion. You can definitely make the custard using the traditional way with milk, egg and sugar but as it's a eggless recipe I have used instant custard powder instead. Though it’s a simple recipe but the most important step is the caramel, it need to be done correctly to get the desired result!
I have never tried eggless bread pudding earlier, so thought to make it on my Anniversary. As It requires simple ingredients which is always available in my kitchen pantry.
In my recipe I have used whole wheat bread instead of white bread to keep it little healthy. I have used a store brought custard powder you can add any flavours according to your choice. It's really a delicious treat for your loved once...... it's worth a try!!!!
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this yummy Caramel Bread Pudding. If you like this dessert recipe then please comment below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!
Caramel Bread Pudding
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 6 Bread slices
- 1/4 Cup Custard powder
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Add 1/4 cup sugar in a saucepan and heat on low to medium flame.
- Stir at every interval until sugar melts completely.
- Continue to melt the sugar on low to medium flame until the sugar turns golden brown.
- Once it's golden brown, pour it immediately into the mould and spread it evenly then keep it aside.
- Trim the brown sides of the bread and pulse it into crumbs using a mixer grinder.
- In a small bowl add custard powder and water. Mix it well and keep it aside.
- In a deep bottom pan add milk and sugar, cook on medium flame and bring it to boil.
- Then add custard mixture and stir it continuously inorder to avoid lumps and cook until the custard thickens.
- Low the flame and add bread crumbs gradually at batches and whisk it continuously to avoid lumps.
- Once the pudding thickens, switch off the flame and pour the mixture on the caramel mould.
- Tap the mould to remove air bubbles and cover it with aluminium foil.
- In another pan, pour some hot water and place a stand.
- Place the mould on the stand and cover the pan with the lid.
- Steam it on medium flame for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now bring it down to room temperature and refrigerate it for 2 hours or until it sets completely.
- After refrigeration demould it and enjoy!!
- Once bread is added, make sure to stir continuously or else the mixture will be lumpy.
- If you want different flavour then you can add accordingly.
- 1 Cup is 250ML
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Keep a eye while caramelizing Sugar.
- Bread pudding taste best when served chilled.