My neighbour have a massive mango tree. Every few days she comes with a basket with four mangos, one for each member of the family. As we love mangos, I decided to make sorbet using my ice-cream maker (an option without is presented too).
4 freshly picked mangos,
I cut them and placed the mango cubes in a bowl. If you do not own an ice-cream maker, place the bowl in the freezer for 3 hours. If not, leave it in the refrigerator until you wish to make the ice-cream.
When ready, empty the bowl into a food processor.
Add 1/3 cup of sugar and 1/3 cup of light corn syrup.(if you like it sweet add up to 3/4 of sugar, I prefer it lightish)
Squeeze a whole lemon and blend it all together for 2 minutes, full power.
Pour the content of the bowl into the ice-cream maker and let it run for 15-20 minutes.
- 4 mangos
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 light corn syrup
- Cut the mangos into cubes and place in a bowl
- freeze the bowl for up to 2 hours
- Mix all ingredient, with the mangos, in the food processor
- Pour into ice-cream maker/serve from the food processor
- Topping (Optional): coconut flakes