Italian Hearts of Palm
“What in the world is Hearts of Palm?” Hearts of palm actually does come from palm trees, but don’t worry, the harvesting process does not harm the entire plant. The white cylinder-shaped palm hearts come from the tender, immature, growing top of the crown part of the tree.
The taste is very similar to an artichoke, but the texture was much more tender. Then I was pleased to see the nutritional facts: Zero fat! Low carb! …and it has protein and lots of potassium. Sounds like a nutritious lunch or dinner to me! A quick look through my pantry, and I came up with this three-ingredient delicious and easy to make recipe that smells like a pizza cooking in your oven!
Roasted Italian Hearts of Palm. For the FULL recipe with step-by-step photo instructions and printable recipe card, visit: www.inspirationapron.com
Where can you find hearts of palm? You can usually find either a can or glass jar of hearts of palm in the canned vegetable section of your local grocery store and sometimes in the international isle. If you would rather purchase on Amazon, find it HERE. (Discloser: I may receive Amazon affiliate commission at no extra cost to you if a purchase is made through link.)
Instructions: Preheat oven to 400℉ / 205℃ and prepare a sheet pan by lining with foil (for easy clean-up) or lightly spraying with cooking spray.
Drain and pat dry Hearts of Palm and place them in a sandwich or quart size baggie. Add the olive oil and gently roll to evenly coat them.
Next place the coated Hearts of Palm on the prepared baked sheet, in a single layer, and sprinkle with the Italian Medley seasoning. Be sure to roll them over and coat both sides.
Sprinkle Italian Medley seasoning on both sides
Roast in oven until heated through, 20-25 minutes.
Roast in oven until heated through, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool two minutes and serve immediately.
Serve with warm marinara sauce, if desired.
Italian Hearts of Palm
- 1 can (14oz) Hearts of Palm
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian Medley seasoning blend
- Marinara (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 400℉ / 205 ℃
- Prepare sheet pan by lining with foil or spraying with cooking spray
- Drain can of Hearts of Palm and pat them dry with a paper towel
- Place them in a sandwich or quart size baggie
- Add olive oil to bag and gently roll them to evenly coat
- Place oiled Hearts of Palm in a single layer on prepared baking sheet
- Evenly sprinkle seasoning blend over top of both sides
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, until heated through
- Let cool at least two minutes and serve immediately.
- Chop and add to soup or salad.
- Serve with a side of marinara.
- Add diced sized pieces to quinoa.