We all agree that pizza is the ultimate gathering food! I can eat pizza every day, and never get tired of it! For tonight’s dinner we are going to travel to Napoli for a Pizza Puttanesca. You are all familiar with one of the most beloved sauces in Neapolitan cuisine, Puttanesca sauce. A little history behind this sauce. The word by itself translate into the "lady of he bight". It is said that Puttanesca earned his name because prostitutes could easily cook this up between clients. Interesting fact ! Or maybe they used the aroma of cooking the sauce to attract more clients. Who knows?
Why not transfer those simple ingredients in a pizza. On a plus note, with the Mutti® Napoli Sauce, this pizza will only need just a few staple ingredients that you all probably have in your pantry, making this recipe such an easy, delicious, accessible recipe for a busy weeknight dinner. The pizza was “delicioso” in so many ways. In my opinion, I could eat this pizza even without the cheese, just to enjoy the amazing taste of Mutti® Napoli Sauce. Trust me, this sauce is a keeper! Once you try it, you will never go back to the one you used before.
- 1 lb of pizza dough ready or homemade
- ½ cup Mutti® Napoli Sauce For Pizza
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 thinly sliced garlic
- 6-8 Anchoy fillet
- 1 tbsp of capers drained
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- ½ tsp of red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil
- Dry oregano
- Olive oil for brushing
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven on the highest temperature available for your oven 500-520 Fahrenheit degree. I am using a cast iron to bake the pizza for a nice crunchy crust.
- Put the cast iron skillet to be preheated in the oven while preparing the rest of the ingredients
- Stretch pizza dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Remove the hot skilled from the oven carefully.
- Place pizza dough on the skillet and press the dough out toward the edges of the pan
- Brush with olive oil around the pizza dough, about 1”
- Spread Mutti® Napoli Sauce For Pizza all over the dough
- Top with mozzarella cheese and the rest of the ingredients
- Return the skilled in the oven and bake for 15 minutes
- Remove pizza from the oven and let it cool for about 3 minutes
- Gently slice the pizza into a cutting board
- Sprinkle oregano, fresh basil, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Cut and serve