Easy Raspberry Hand Pie Recipe
This raspberry hand pie recipe is a great dessert option to make for the people you love. Show how much you care with these heart shaped raspberry pies!
This recipe is the perfect combination of sweet, tart, and flaky pastry. With just a few steps and ingredients, you can make a delightful treat for any occasion.
This hand pie recipe is even Weight Watchers-friendly!
Whether you’re making it for a special event or just as an indulgent snack, this recipe will satisfy your taste buds. Read on to learn how to make this simple and easy raspberry hand pie today!
This post contains affiliate links to products used in the recipe. If you click through and make a purchase we make a commission.
What is a raspberry hand pie?
A raspberry hand pie is a pastry filled with sweet and tart raspberries. The dough comes together quickly, making it perfect for beginner bakers! Unlike traditional pies, hand pies are usually baked in small sizes that make them easy to eat on the go.
What ingredients do I need for this hand pie recipe?
For this recipe, you really only need 5 ingredients! Raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, powdered sugar, and of course, pie crust!
How long does it take to make a hand pie?
This recipe is especially great if you’re short on time, or don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. It only takes 20 minutes to prep, and another 20 minutes to cook! You’ll have these cute pies ready in 40 minutes!
It all depends on which recipe you choose, but lucky for you, this raspberry hand pie recipe really is healthy! If you can believe it, this recipe is even Weight Watchers friendly!
You really can enjoy sweet treats like this one without getting in the way of your health goals!
Which WW program are these recipes for?
WW has definitely changed over the years. In 2023, we have just plain old “POINTS” and that is what we used to estimate these points.
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- The accuracy of our points estimate is not guaranteed
How many raspberry hand pies can be made at one time?
The amount varies depending on how big of a batch you make, but this specific recipe will create 10 hand pies!
If you want more, then feel free to double up on the recipe to create 20!
How should this pie be served?
These raspberry hand pies are best served warm and fresh out of the oven.
If you want to get creative, feel free to top the pies with a dollop of ice cream, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce!
Other Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes You May Enjoy
Weight Watchers Cherry Cheesecake Bites
3 Ingredient Raspberry Dessert for Weight Watchers
Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Whips
How do you make a hand pie?
First, you’ll want to preheat the oven so that it’s ready for you by the time you’re done the preparations.
Then, mix the raspberries in a small saucepan. You can use a fork for this.
Now that the raspberries are mashed, you stir in the sugar and cornstarch.
Bring the mix to a boil on medium heat and continue cooking until the mixture has thickened which should take 2-4 minutes. Then remove it from the heat and let it cool off just a little bit.
To prepare the dough, prepare a piece of parchment or wax paper and roll out the pie crust dough into a thin 13 inch circle.
Cut the dough with a 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter to yield 20 pieces, rerolling scraps as needed. Set 10 pieces aside; cut a smaller heart or circle piece out of the remaining 10 pieces.
Spoon about 1 tsp of filling onto 1 whole dough piece; top with 1 cut-out piece; press edges to seal, and then press the edges with the tines of a fork. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
Finally, bake the pies in the oven for 18-20 minutes until they’re lightly browned. When they’re done, you can top them off with powdered sugar.
Helpful tools for this recipe
- Small Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Rolling Pin
- Wax Paper
- Parchment Paper
- Fork Set
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters
In conclusion, making raspberry hand pies is a simple and delicious way to show your friends and family how much you care.
With just 5 ingredients, 40 minutes of prep and bake time, these easy-to-make pies are sure to be a hit! With their sweet and tart flavor, flaky crust, and cute heart shape, raspberry hand pies are a great choice for any occasion.
Easy Raspberry Hand Pie Recipe
- 1 cup Fresh Raspberries
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 7 1/2 oz Refrigerated Pie Crust, Unprepared
- 1 tsp Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- 2. In a small saucepan, mash the raspberries with a fork. Stir in the gran- ulated sugar and cornstarch. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 3. On a piece of wax or parchment paper, roll the pie crust dough into a thin 13-inch circle. Cut the dough with a 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter to yield 20 pieces, rerolling scraps as needed. Set 10 pieces aside; cut a smaller heart or circle piece out of the remaining 10 pieces. Spoon about 1 tsp of filling onto 1 whole dough piece; top with 1 cut-out piece; press edges to seal, and then press the edges with the tines of a fork. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- 4. Bake until lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!