Air Fryer Onion Rings Recipe
Air fryer onion rings, a crispy breadcrumb coating with a sweet and melting onion filling, a perfect party starter.
I love onion.
It is a special vegetable that is also very good for you.
Today we make it the queen with a mouthwatering and really good dish: onion rings in the air fryer.
They are ideal to serve during an aperitif, to accompany grilled meat dishes and as appetizers during an evening with friends.
Air Fryer Onion Rings Recipe Ingredients
These are the main ingredients you need for this onion rings recipe.
For the step-by-step directions and measurements, scroll down to our printable recipe card.
- Onion – White onion is fine, for this recipe I recommend choosing a large onion.
- White flour – All purpose flour is fine, if you want to make a gluten-free batter, you can use rice flour.
- Sparkling water – The sparkling water will ensure your batter has a flawless crispness.
- Paprika – You can choose the spices you prefer.
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Olive oil – You can use an oil spray, but a kitchen brush is also fine. The oil helps give your onion rings a perfect golden browning.
Trick to Not Cry When You Cut the Onion
Can You Freeze Onion Rings?
What to Serve with Air Fryer Onion Rings?
Serve these delicious onion rings with your favorite sauce – mayonnaise or pink sauce go great with these onion rings.
If you want to serve the rings as a side dish instead, I love to serve them with these chicken cutlets.
Why You Will Definitely Love These Homemade Onion Rings
They are so easy to prepare: It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare them and another 10 minutes to cook them in the air fryer.
Perfect for when you have some surprise guests and don’t know what to offer with the appetizer.
They are super crispy: Thanks to the batter and breadcrumbs, the result is a super crispy and delicious breadcrumbs.
Air Fryer Onion Rings Recipe
- 1 Large onion
- 1 Cup of flour
- 3/4 Cup sparkling water
- Black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 1 Cup breadcrumbs
- Dried parsley
- Strip the onions of their outermost states and cut them into rounds at least half an inch thick.
- Pull the rings apart from each other by applying gentle pressure while avoiding breaking them.
- Next prepare the batter. In a bowl put the flour, paprika, black pepper and mix well.Pour cold sparkling water in a trickle and with a whisk mix well until a smooth batter forms.
- In another bowl, pour the breadcrumbs and season with salt, pepper and dried parsley.
- Dip the rings first in the batter, helping with tongs or a fork, then in breadcrumbs. Make sure to cover the entire onion ring with the breadcrumbs. Continue in this way until all the rings are finished.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F for 2 minutes. Using some spray oil, or a kitchen brush, spray or brush the base of the air fryer basket, and place the onion rings, being careful not to overlap them.
- Cook in the air fryer at 370°F (190°C) for 10 minutes or until your preferred golden brown.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of salt and your favorite sauce.