Snack: PROTEIN PEACH 🍑 BOMBS
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this protein peach snack, it’s healthy and it requires little time to make. The best part is that it requires no bake time. The only cooking you will have to do is make the peach compote filling, a one ingredient compote that literally takes minutes to make. The rest of the recipe is so simple. I make these or a variety of other protein balls on Sundays as a meal prep snack for the week.
The outer portion is made with rolled oats that have been blended in a stand up mixer to create texture. If you don’t like texture, you can blend the oats to achieve a flour texture. I used Lakanto maple syrup in this recipe.
WHAT IS LAKANTO MAPLE SYRUP:
It’s a not too sweet, low carb maple syrup that is great for keto & diabetic diets. It doesn’t have artificial sweeteners and is pretty guilt-free. It has replaced my regular maple syrup.
After the oat mixture is ready to form into a bite size ball, I form a pocket and fill them with a peach compote and a chocolate morsel, then seal them. Now, doesn’t that sound yummy? I use gluten free chocolate but feel free to use your favorite chocolate. I’ve filled them with a variety of fillings, depending on what I have on hand.
These don’t last long so, I recommend you double the recipe 😉
I made a reel showing the process on my IG feed, feel free to head over and watch it.
Thank you for stopping by.
If you’d like to see more of what I cook and love to do, please visit me at https://www.instagram.com/mycreativekneads/
Alright, let’s get cooking!
Snack: PROTEIN PEACH 🍑 BOMBS
Peach 🍑 Compote
- 2 large peaches pealed, pitted & chopped (skin may be removed if you prefer).
Protein Peach 🍑 Bombs
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 scoops @drinkorgain vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 to 2 Tbsp @lakanto maple syrup
- Enjoylife chocolate morsels
For the Peach 🍑 Compote
- Cook peaches over low heat until they soften up, approximately 20 minutes.
- Mash with a potato masher until you’re left with no large pieces (Consistency should be like jam).
- Continue cooking until the liquid from the peaches evaporates (see tips below).
- Allow to completely cool.
For the Protein Peach 🍑 Bombs
- Blend oats in a standup blender, leaving a few course oats, if you wish. You can also continue blending to a flour consistency. I prefer texture.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into a bowl (except for the chocolate) along with the blended oats.
- Make tablespoon size balls and shape into a deep pocket.
- Fill with a small dollop of cooled peach compote.
- Add 1 morsel of chocolate.
- Seal off the compote my pressing the oat mixture over it and pinching around the compote to seal it. Proceed to shape into balls.
- Store in an airtight container and in the refrigerator.
- If your peaches aren’t sweet, sweeten with your favorite sweetener, if you wish. I don’t think added sugar is necessary though because once the protein balls are made, all the ingredients come together nicely and have a sweet flavor.