Low Carb Keto Brownies
This brownie recipe has been my saviour since I started a low carb diet. Perfect for when chocolate cravings hit, these Brownies taste as good as the real thing, without the carbs and sugar. Ground almonds replace flour, which give them a rich and nut tier flavour and erythritol replaces the sugar but you won't miss out on the sweetness at all!
Perfect served warm or cold, I love to eat these with an extra dollop of heavy cream for extra added indulgence!
Sticky, gooey, super indulgent chocolate Brownies with half the guilt!
Ground almonds and erythritol replace flour and sugar to replicate the gooey texture of regular Brownies without the carbs!
Eggs are whisked with coconut oil.
And then mixed into the almond mixture to form a batter.
The brownie mixture is then baked for 18 minutes until set.
A rich and silky chocolate ganache is made with dark chocolate, heavy cream and butter.
Which is then spread on top of the sticky Brownies.
Low Carb Keto Brownies
For the Brownies
- 175g or 6oz of almond flour/ground blanched almonds
- 150g or 5.5oz of erythritol, sifted
- 40g or 1.5oz of cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 large eggs
- 120g or 3.5oz of coconut oil
For the ganache
- 50g or 1.75oz of 85% cocoa dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 50ml or 1.75 fl oz heavy cream
- 2 tsps unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees celcius or 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, cocoa powder and erythritol together.
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave on a medium heat for 45 seconds until fully melted, then whisk in the eggs.
- Make a well in the centre of the bowl of almonds and pour the oil and egg mixture in gradually. Stir well.
- Great a square baking tin and pour the brownie mixture into the tin.
- Bake in the centre of your preheated oven for 18 minutes or until set. Remove and leave to cool in the tin.
- Place the chocolate in a small saucepan and the cream in a separate saucepan and warm over a low heat, until the cream is warm and the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the cream into the pan with the chocolate and stir well.
- Add the butter to the chocolate and cream immediately and whisk until smooth and glossy.
- Pour the ganache over the top of the Brownie and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before slicing and serving.