A decadent treat!
Fudgy inside and crackly top
What else would you want in a brownie? These can also be made gluten-free by subbing regular flour for g.f flour.
You can use regular all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour. Definitely works both ways!
Use butter and dark chocolate and melt together.
Use 2 eggs for best results.
Use any espresso you like! I used a Nespresso pod.
You will also need granulated sugar.
Finally, you will need cocoa powder.
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- 8" Baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- 1 mixing bowl
- Spatula to mix
For measuring: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 oz dark chocolate (113g)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 shot espresso
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F/180°C and line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate with the butter then whisk in the sugar.
- Let cool slightly then whisk in the eggs.
- Mix in the vanilla and the espresso.
- Fold in the flour, salt and cocoa powder (make sure to sift them first).
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, top with sea salt and enjoy!