Magic bars are not filled with magic, but they are something special. I first started making these when I was doing my internship at a bakery in Louisville, and I thought they were interesting, but I never actually tasted them. I know crazy right. Fast forward to me working at a restaurant with a bakery market here in Nashville. They also had magic bars on the prep sheet. It wasn’t until then that I tried these for the first time and was blown away! I thought to myself “why did it take me 7 months to try these?!” These bars are filled with toasted coconut, semi sweet chocolate chips, and a buttery graham cracker crust. An best of all magic bars are so easy to make with only 5 ingredients! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
- 1 - 1/2 c Graham Cracker Crumbs 173 g
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter Melted 113g
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk 396 g
- 1-1/3 c Sweetened coconut 159 g
- 3/4 c Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips 154g
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with pan spray. You can also line the pan with parchment paper if you don't want to use pan spray.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs to the pan and firmly press it down evenly into the pan.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the crust and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the coconut flakes over the top in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the coconut flakes.
- Baked the magic bars for 30 minutes or until it's a light golden brown.
- Let the bars cool down completely.
- Then cut them into squares and enjoy!