Magic Layer Bars
Let me introduce you to your new obsession! These are my go-to for when I have zero time but I need a dessert to really WOW. This recipe only takes 6 ingredients and the instructions are pretty much to layer them into a pan. How simple can it get?!
These also go by a crazy amount of different names, I always call them Magic Bars because that’s how they were introduced to me. I've heard them called Hello Dolly Bars and 7 Layer Bars as well. But, whatever you choose to call them, they are still the quickest, easiest, & sweetest dessert you can imagine.
The base is a layer of graham cracker crumbs, topped off with walnuts, chocolate chips, sweetened coconut flakes, and then drizzled with a can of sweetened condensed milk! These will quickly become a staple in your dessert rotation, just don't say I didn't warn you!
Magic Layer Bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a square pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave enough paper on the edges to be able to lift out of pan when done.
- Pour graham cracker crumbs and butter into prepared pan and combine together. Then press the mixture down to form crust.
- Sprinkle and layer next three ingredients on top. First pour chocolate chips into even layer. Then sprinkle walnuts on top in even layer. Finally add coconut flakes in a thick even layer. Slowly pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly on top so that the coconut flakes are all covered.
- Bake until lightly brown on top, about 25 to 30 minutes. Make sure there are no puddles of visible condensed milk on top. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting to preferred bar size/shape.
- Cut into wedge slices for a fancier look and smaller party. If your group is larger then slice into squares for double the amount!