Creamy Pumpkin Pie
I have had this pie recipe from my hubby's grandmother for years. It never quite tasted like hers. So I decided to tweak it a little. It turned our so much better, I am wondering if she left some ingredients out on purpose 🙂 I don't blame her she wanted us to love hers. I wish I could have gotten better pics but it got eaten so fast lol. You can use your homemade pie crust or purchase one. I started by slightly beating two eggs together. Add your pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix, cream together. Combine your dry ingredients together and add to the pumpkin mixture. Gradually add in the evaporated milk until fully combined. Pour into nine inch deep pie shell. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for fifteen minutes and then lower the heat to 350 degrees for about fourty to fifty minutes. Serve with whipped cream when cool. If using a shallow pie shell bake at 425 degrees for fifteen minutes and then lower the heat to 350 degrees and bake for twenty to thirty minutes.
This picture does show how creamy it is.
Start by slightly beating your eggs.
Add in the pumpkin puree.
Then add in the dry ingredients.
I used a deep pie pan with my pie crust.
Just before baking.
Serve cool with whipped topping.
Creamy Pumpkin Pie
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t ginger
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- Homemade or store bought pie crust
Pumpkin pie mixture
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Slightly beat your eggs
- Add in the pumpkin puree, cream together
- Sift the dry ingredients together
- Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mix and cream together
- Add the evaporated milk until combined
- Pour into pie shell
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Turn oven to 350 degrees bake for another 40-50 minutes.
- Cool and serve with whipped cream.
- Insert knife into center if it comes out clean it is done.