Swedish Apple Pie
It wouldn’t be Fall around this house without making this dessert at least a dozen times 😁 and I hesitate every time I call this a pie because I find it more like a cake and have even made it in an 8x8 pan instead of a pie plate, but that’s how the recipe was given to me, however you make this it’s the easiest apple dessert you’ll ever make!
It’s so delicious, this is a buttery cake filling with chunks of apples, delicious with a scoop of ice cream or a big dollop of whipped cream!
Peel and dice 4-5 apples, place in an oven safe pie plate, I usually use Macintosh, but feel free to use your favorite variety of apples.
Sprinkle 2 Tsp sugar and 1 Tsp cinnamon evenly on top of the apples in the dish.
In a small saucepan, melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter, when completely melted remove from heat and stir in: 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1 Tsp vanilla extract, keep stirring until everything is fully combined and mixture is pulling away from the sides of pan.
Pour the mixture evenly over the apples
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Swedish Apple Pie
For the crust
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
For the filling
- 4-5 apples peeled and diced
- 2 Tsp sugar
- 1Tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350
- Peel and dice 4-5 apples and place in an oven proof pie plate
- Sprinkle the apples with 2 teaspoons of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- in a small sauce pan, melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- when completely melted, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the following;
- One cup of flour
- One cup of sugar
- One egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- stir until completely incorporated and mixture is pulling away from the sides of pan
- Pour the mixture evenly over the apples
- Bake for one hour