Because my day started with a toddler head-butting me in the mouth, I decided to make peach cobbler. Yes, I understand that there is no real correlation there, but a bloody lip at 6 am calls for a treat yo’ self moment in my book. Not only is this recipe warm and comforting, it’s also super easy, so it was no sweat to prepare with an ice pack pressed against my bottom lip. Try it yourself! (The cobbler, not the bloody lip.) For more recipes like this, be sure to follow me on Instagram as well as subscribe to the Cashmere & Cocktails blog!
For the filling
- 8 fresh peaches, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp cornstarch
For the crust
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup butter, chilled and grated
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine peaches, lemon juice, sugars, cinnamon and cornstarch. Toss until peaches are well coated. Pour into 9×13 baking dish and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk flour, sugars, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add grated butter and stir.
- Add hot water and stir until combined (the butter will still be lumpy, this is totally normal).
- Remove baking dish from oven and scoop batter onto peaches evenly.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon is desired.
- Return baking dish to oven for 25-30 minutes, or until crust becomes golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published October 6th, 2020 11:00 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!