Made these amazing crunchy Peanut Chikki for Makar sankranti festival. This is one of the most healthiest indian candies made out of peanuts & jaggery. It contain many nutrients with numerous health benefits.
Jaggery is made by boiling raw, concentrated sugar cane juice till it solidifies. In India, jaggery is easily available in any grocery shops.
Peanut chikki is made from pure Jaggery and Peanuts & is mostly eaten during Winters. As mentioned it has numerous health benefits and it helps to lowers bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol in the body.
Most of the Indian population love to have these Indian candies (Peanut Chikki) as a dessert after a meal.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious crunchy Peanut Chikki. If you like this recipe then please comment down below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
- Peanut 1 Cup
- Jaggery 1 Cup
- Cardamom powder 1/8 tsp
- Water 1 tbsp
- Ghee 1 tsp
- Dry roast peanuts on medium to low flame until golden brown & aromatic.
- If the skin of the peanuts started to fall apart then it's perfectly roasted.
- Spread the peanuts on a cloth and allow it to cool down completely.
- Now wrap the cloth and rub the peanuts with your hand to remove the skin.
- This is a easy technique to remove all the skin at one time.
- Transfer the peanuts into a plate and crush them randomly with the base of the glass for 2 mins.
- This technique will help to crush the peanuts little bit and then keep it aside.
- Grease 2 square size of butter paper with little ghee.
- Keep a small bowl, half filled with water ready to check the consistency of jaggery syrup.
- Add grated jaggery to the pan and add 1 tbsp of water.
- Allow the jaggery to dissolve completely at low flame.
- Once completely dissolved, add 1 tsp of ghee, cardamom powder and allow it to boil.
- While boiling, stir continuously until slightly thickens.
- To check jaggery syrup consistency, drop a little amount in a bowl of water.
- At this stage it's like a soft ball so we need to check again & again until it reaches hard ball brittle consistency.
- Again drop in water, it must become hard immediately. Then remove the hard ball from water and break it. If it break then this is the perfect consistency.
- Immediately add roasted peanuts and mix well.
- Spread the greased butter paper on the back of the steel plate.
- Now spread out the peanut Chikki mixture on the butter paper and spread it with a greased spatula.
- Then place another greased butter paper on the peanut Chikki and roll it using rolling pin evenly.
- It set immediately so we have to do this process fast.
- Grease knife with little ghee and make marks into square pieces when it's hot.
- Cut them while still warm and allow it to cool down completely.
- Then store it in a airtight container.
- Check the jaggery consistency until hard brittle or else it will be rubbery.
- Don't skip ghee it add nice shine & aroma to the Chikki.
- Cardamom powder is optional.