Pancakes are one of my favorite things to make, so much that I also like to call myself a professional pancake flipper (it's the confidence that counts, right? lol). A lot of pancake recipes I've found online throughout the years make a LOT of pancakes, and sometimes I just want a serving for myself, or for me and one other person. I've also noticed a lot of interest in more plant-based recipes. So, whether you're looking to switch to a different lifestyle or just trying to limit animal products in your diet, this is a good recipe to try out if you want to make some pancakes from scratch!
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1-2 tbs white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbs water)
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tbs sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- Vanilla and cinnamon, to taste
- Orange or lemon zest (optional)
- In a medium-size bowl, combine almond milk and vinegar together and let sit for a couple of minutes until the milk separates (this acts like a "buttermilk," and also helps make the pancakes fluffier).
- Stir in the flax egg, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add flour and mix until combined with minimal clumps (don't over mix).
- Cook pancakes in a nonstick pan or griddle on medium heat (If your pan is nonstick, you shouldn't need to grease the pan beforehand).
- Feel free to use brown rice flour instead of all purpose flour to make vegan and gluten free pancakes!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published May 15th, 2021 9:57 AM