Sour Milk Pancakes
Pancakes perfect for a lazy Sunday morning or even breakfast for dinner..because, why not? These are super easy to whip up and dole out.
I always loved the flavor and texture of buttermilk pancakes. They are fluffy and delicious. The problem is, most of the time, I do not have buttermilk on hand in the house. I so wish they would sell buttermilk in smaller containers. I hate that I always wined up throwing half the container away after it sits in the back of the fridge for a couple of weeks and I forget it's there..oops!
I figured there had to be a way to make something like buttermilk, so I took some vinegar and soured the milk that I had. It worked! And I promise you, you do not taste the vinegar AT ALL! They make the pancakes fluffy and delicious, just the way they should be.
Check out this recipe and make it this weekend for your family...they won't be disappointed!
Serve with strawberries, bananas or any of your favorite fruits.
Some butter and warm syrup and you are ready to dig in.
Sour Milk Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- cooking spray
- Preheat griddle to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk and vinegar, whisk and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour” while you prepare your dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- After the milk has soured, add the eggs and melted butter. Whisk together until well combined. Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk together until all the lumps are gone.
- Heat the griddle (or large skillet) and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles start to form. Flip each pancake with a spatula and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite fruits, softened butter and warm syrup.