Raspberry And White Chocolate Muffins
Have you been searching for the perfect bakery style light and fluffy muffin recipe? Look no further these raspberry and white chocolate muffins tick all the boxes. These muffins have a perfect texture and moreish flavour. With the tang of the raspberry balanced with the sweetness of the white chocolate.
Follow our step by step guide as we share our chef secrets to recreating these delicious treats.
Ever had the perfect muffin from the bakery or cafe and felt inspired to recreate the fluffy, moist, tasty delights at home. Then you will love this muffin recipe! For another bakery favourite take a look at our homemade Cinnabon recipe too!
For these muffins you will need:
- Plain flour - just standard plain flour is fine.
- Soft brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Oil - Canola or any non flavoured oil.
- Milk - we use full fat cows milk but you can substitute for your milk of choice. Though we recommended not using a milk with a strong flavour.
- Vanilla essence.
- Raspberries - fresh or frozen, if using frozen allow to defrost first.
- White chocolate - use chips or chopped up pieces.
- Rolled oats - an optional topping to sprinkle on top.
For full weights and measurements see recipe card below.
Measuring the ingredients
Its important to point out that all measurements are in grams even the liquids. Trust us, while you may be used to measuring in different measures, grams will give you the most accurate qualities and the perfect mix. Most scales allow you to easily switch measurements, simply change the setting to grams and measure away!
Four simple steps to creating these delicious raspberry and white chocolate muffins:
- Measure out the dry, wet and flavour ingredients into separate bowls.
- Place the wet and flavours ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients using your hands to turn the ingredients over. Aim for 5 stirs but no more than 8. Allow the mixture to rest for 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tray and bake at 165°c / 330°F for 30-34 minutes. Place on a cooling rack and enjoy!
The hard part is waiting for these muffins to cool before trying!
Our top tips for baking the perfect muffins
So we have shared with you our number one top secret to the perfect bakery style muffins.
There are a few other points that will impact the quality of your muffins.
- Filling your muffing cases right to the top (never mind ¾ full). This will give you a great muffin top.
- The batter thickness and ingredient ratios is important, but rather than bore you with the science of it, just make sure you measure out your ingredients accurately.
Once cooled store the muffins in an airtight container. They will stay fresh for ⅔ days. These muffins also freeze well. Freeze in a sealed airtight container and defrost at room temperature. Making them a great option of lunchboxes.
Right let's not hold you back any longer from your muffin epiphany. We will just leave the perfect recipe for you below. You're welcome!
Hungry for more deliciousness? Subscribe to our newsletter, to receive our latest e-recipe book and never miss another ATK recipe!
Raspberry And White Chocolate Muffins
- 415 g Plain flour
- 115 g Soft brown sugar
- 20 g Baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 125 g Oil
- 275 g Milk
- 10 g Vanilla essence
- 300 g Raspberries (If using frozen allow to defrost)
- 200 g White chocolate chips
- Rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 165°c / 330°F. Prepare the muffin tray.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, then add the sugar and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Measure the flavour ingredients into a separate bowl.
- Add the wet and flavour ingredients into the large mixing bowl, with the dry ingredients.
- Use your hand to mix the ingredients together, but do not over mix. Aim for ⅗ stirs with your hand but no more then 8! Allow the mixture to rest for 10-15 minutes. See note 1.
- Scoop the mixture into the 12 cases, filling them to the top. Optional - Sprinkle each muffin with some oats.
- Bake in the oven for 30-34 mins, depending on your oven, your cooking time will vary slightly. So keep an eye on them at the end, if an inserted skewer comes out clean you know they are ready.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove from tray and place on cooling rack (cooling them in the tray would create damp bottom and sides).
- Note 1 - Trust us! It wont be perfectly mixed together so it will be very tempting to mix more but stop yourself. The ingredients will blend together as they cook.