Eggless Plum Cake
Merry Christmas 🎄
Baked this delicious eggless plum Cake on Christmas for family & friends. Instead of rum I had soaked the dryfruits in orange juice for 24 hrs, we can also use apple juice or grape juice. This cake was absolutely the star of the show for our evening party. I got tons of appreciation for my effort.
This homemade Eggless Christmas Plum Cake is much more richer in texture & taste due to the whole spices. The important factor in making plum cake is the baking time. This cake is baked at lower temperature for the perfect texture which indeed make this cake more flavourful.
Let's check the ingredients & method to make this yummy homemade eggless fruit cake!!!
If you like this homemade eggless cake recipe,then please comment down below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
Eggless Plum Cake
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 and 1/2 Cup All purpose flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/8 TSP clove powder
- 1/8 TSP Ginger powder
- 1 TSP orange zest
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Cup Tutti Frutti
- 1 Cup chopped Mixed Dry fruits
- 2 tbsp chopped red cherries
- 3 tbsp black Raisins
- 2 tbsp chopped dates
FOR SOAKING DRY FRUITS
- Add orange juice, lemon juice, Tutti Frutti, cherries, Mixed Dry fruits, raisins, dates in the bowl.
- Mix it well together & cover with a lid.
- Keep it aside & allow it to soak for 24hrs.
- Preheat the oven at 160 degree Celsius for 10 minutes & line the cake tin with a parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, dry ginger powder, clove powder all together.
- Now add orange zest whisk it well & keep it aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar and oil until pale.
- Then add yogurt to the mixture & whisk until well combined.
- Add vanilla extract, mix well.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients & mix until well combined.
- There should not be any lumps in the batter.
- Don't overmix the cake batter at this stage.
- Now add soaked dryfruits & gently fold in the batter. Transfer the batter onto the cake tin.
- Bake at 160 C for 55 minutes or until the skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, loosen the cake edges using a knife & demould it.
- Top the cake with some icing sugar or soaked fruits and serve!
- You can soak the dry fruits in apple juice or grape juice as well.
- For best results, don't skip the Soaking step.
- Use Orange juice accordingly to adjust the consistency of the batter.
- Garnish with Cashews or red cherry is optional.
What is tutti Frutti?
Am I missing something? (Believe me, I’ve been known to miss a lot!). Shouldn’t plum cake have……plums in it ? 🤔