Blueberry Banana Loaf
This blueberry banana loaf is moist, delicious and easy to make. It fills with juicy fresh blueberries and super sweet ripe bananas. This recipe make a perfect snack or breakfast!
We love banana anything in our house. I need to make sure bananas are available on my kitchen countertop all the times as my kids consume banana on a daily.
Banana is highly nutritious and delicious in taste. Banana’s bakery are often the most popular items listed on the cafe’s menu. You can easily find banana bread, banana muffin, banana cake, banana pancake etc in most restaurants or bakery shop.
However, if you think the classic banana bread is a bit bland for you, check out this blueberry banana loaf that is not only beautiful but taste amazing. To a closer definition, it taste like a raisin cake but better.
This blueberry banana loaf is great to have for breakfast or afternoon tea. It is also a tasty little treat to solve your mid-night craving. The loaf looks absolutely gorgeous as the blueberry give it an extra colour and enhanced the flavour. This recipe is not heavily sweet instead it is moist, soft and light. I really love the combination of blueberry and banana. If you never try it before, give it a go!
Looking for more banana recipes? Check out SOURDOUGH MARBLE BANANA PANCAKES, NO-FAIL BANANA BREAD LOAF and more on dreamtocook.com.
Blueberry Banana Loaf
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup, 211g sugar
- 120g softened unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 ripe medium size bananas
- 2 cup, 264g self raising flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup, 190ml milk
- 125g blueberry + 1 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C, grease your cake pan. In a small bowl, mash bananas and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs for 1 minute. Slowly add sugar to the egg mixture and continue beat on high speed for another 2 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add softened unsalted butter and lemon juice, beat on high speed for 3 minutes until butter is well incorporate and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add mashed banana and use a spatula to stir well. Add half of sifted flour, baking soda and salt in the mixture, stir to combine. Then pour in milk and remaining of the flour. Gently fold the mixture to combine.
- Lastly, coat your blueberries with a tablespoon of flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom.
- Add fresh blueberries into the cake batter then transfer the batter by gently pour it into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake at the preheated oven at 180°C for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted and comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool down completely before removing it from the pan. Slice and enjoy!
- Check out step by step instructions with pictures on dreamtocook.com
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!