If you clicked on this recipe wondering what a pizzadilla might be, the answer is quite simple. Think quesadilla filled with pizza toppings.
These little tasty treats make for a perfect quick and easy lunch option. You can fill the pizzadillas with any traditional pizza toppings you like, but since I was making them for my kids today they requested just cheese and pepperoni.
When I make pizzadillas I like to use the smaller tortilla wraps. Not only do they look adorable, but they are also super easy for the kids to pick up. I like to fold over each edge creating a little package, this helps to keep all of the toppings contained inside.
These little pizzadillas are super tasty and highly addictive, you might want to make a few extras as they will disappear quickly.
Because the pizzadillas are pan fried the outside gets nice and crispy and the cheese inside is perfectly gooey and stretchy. Serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping and enjoy!
Begin by laying out one 7” flour tortilla on a cutting board or plate.
Add a handful of cheese to the top of the tortilla.
On top of the cheese, add on your favorite toppings. For this batch of pizzadillas I stuck with a traditional cheese and pepperoni, but you can get as creative as you like with this. I would recommend avoiding any toppings that are too wet as this could make for a soggy pizzadilla.
Working your way around the tortilla fold over each edge.
I find the best method is to fold it over 5 times. This creates the perfect shape and size for the pizzadillas.
Place the pizzadillas face down in a preheated and oiled skillet or frying pan. Fry on medium until golden brown and crispy.
Flip the pizzadillas over and cook for another few minutes until the other side is golden and crispy as well.
Garnish with some dried parsley and serve with a side of marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
The 7” tortillas make these the perfect size to pick up and eat.
- 5 7” flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 15 pepperoni slices, or any other pizza topping
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- Add 2 tbsp olive to a cast iron skillet or frying pan and preheat on medium heat.
- Place a flour tortilla on a cutting board and top with a handful of mozzarella cheese.
- Add the pepperoni or any other pizza toppings to the quesadilla.
- Working your way around the tortilla fold over each edge (5 folds works best).
- Assemble as many pizzadillas as you like.
- Place the pizzadillas in the skillet face down and cook for a few minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Flip the pizzadillas over and continue to cook the other side until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from heat, garnish with a sprinkle of parsley and serve with a side of marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan, if you are making multiple pizzadillas its best to work in several smaller batches.