No- Oven Easy Bread Rolls
Follow Us! @four_servings
Crispy on the outside , with a soft and fluffy interior. After you try this, you will have no need for baked bread. True story: I regretted ever making this recipe because, it was all my kids wanted to eat after they had their first bite. Not only is it so delicious, they loved how playful it is. You want your kids to love your cooking, but not to the point that they wont eat anything else. hahahha
I honestly cannot count the number of times I have made this.
The most challenging part of this recipe, is resisting the urge to fry them before they fully rise. Proofing will take between 45-60minutes. Please be patient with yourself. You want a springy and fluffy bread roll. Without them doubling in size, you have a very dense bread roll with no spring to it.
Once you fry them they look delicious! A golden brown they should be.
You can put jelly or butter on top if you'd like. I eat them just like this.
The rolls are best warm.
It is time to upgrade your brunch with this easy yet delicious recipe.
No- Oven Easy Bread Rolls
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 1 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Transfer warm milk to a mixing bowl. Add yeast and sugar. Mix and let it sit for 5minutes.
- Add flour and salt. Mix with a spatula until dough begins to form. Add softened butter and bring the dough together by hand without kneading. You will end up with a coarse dough. Cover the dough and set aside for 10minutes.
- Knead for about 10 to 12 minutes until a smooth dough is formed. Cover and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix flour, melted butter and chili flakes till you have a smooth consistency.
- Roll dough by hand into a log of about 20cm long. Flatten with a rolling pin into a 20 by 50 cm rectangle.
- Pour and spread oiled batter (the flour,melted butter and chili flakes mixture) evenly over the top of rolled out dough leaving a 2cm margin on one of the short ends ungreased. Flatten the ungreased area as thin as possible.
- Starting at the 20cm greased end, roll dough tightly into a cylinder making sure the seam side is down.
- Using a very sharp knife cut dough into 1.5cm thick. Place on a baking tray with space in between, cover with cling film and let it double in size. This will take about 45minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a skillet and turn on medium heat. Gently lift one of the raised rolls and turn over into the hot skillet, bottom side up. Cover with lid and cook for 4 minutes. Flip over when it is golden brown and cook the other side.
- Take off heat and enjoy this springy deliciousness.