Methi Thepla are flatbreads made from fresh fenugreek leaves, whole wheat flour and little indian spices. It's light as well as healthy & can be munched anytime of the day. A good snack for kids who doen’t like greens.
My family just love Gujarati food because it's easy and healthy at the same time. These Thepla are quite popular among travellers. Serve them with plain curd or any pickle of your choice.
These Methi Thepla are perfect for both breakfast as well as lunch. So, Please check out the detailed recipe below!!!
And comment down your thoughts on the same, Would love to hear from you!!!!
- 2 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 Cup chopped Fenugreek leaves
- 1/4 tsp Carom seeds
- 1/8 TSP Asafoetida
- 1/8 TSP Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Oil for Roasting Thepla
- Water as required
- Add salt to the chopped Fenugreek leaves & then thoroughly washed it.
- Keep the washed Fenugreek leaves aside for further use.
- In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, Carom seeds, turmeric powder, asafoetida, red chilli powder, salt & 2 tbsp oil.
- Mix it thoroughly using hand, until it's hold the shape.
- Then add chopped Fenugreek leaves and again mix it well.
- Gradually add little by little water & make a soft dough.
- Once soft dough is ready apply 1 tsp of oil on the dough and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of resting time, the Methi Thepla dough is perfectly set.
- Take a small ball size amount of the dough and roll it inbetween your palm.
- Likewise will make all the small dough balls and keep it aside to make Thepla.
- Dust little flour on the rolling board.
- Then take a small dough ball and roll it using the rolling pin into a thin disc size Thepla.
- Make sure to roll it thin. Heat a tawa, first dry roast both the sides of the Thepla on medium flame.
- And then apply 1/2 tsp of oil on both the side and roast it until it's golden brown and cooked properly.
- Likewise will make all the Methi Thepla.
- Serve it hot with pickle of your choice.
- Don't forget to add little salt on the Fenugreek leaves before washing.
- Rest the dough for atleast 30 minutes for best results.