Grilled Yogurt Flatbreads
This ingenious recipe uses all of four ingredients and you end up with the bestest flatbreads of your life!
Woooo these Grilled Yogurt Flatbreads are so freakin' delicious, oh my gosh. OH my gosh.
Guys. You gotta try these. Seriously.
And no worries, you don't need a big fancy grill get-up to make these either. Just any kind of grill. Probably even an indoor grill pan though I can't personally vouch for that.
A mere few minutes of mixing flour, Greek yogurt, baking powder, and salt and you're on your way to heaven.
For more details about this recipe and more tasty goodness, be sure to swing by The Bake Dept today!
Divide your dough in six pieces. I find thinking of the round like a clock face makes it easy (remember those?!), slice the round from 12 to 6, 10 to 4, and 2 to 8 and you've got near even pieces.
Roll 'em out...
...let your grillmaster do the grilling...
....and tada!! Man these are so good. The most amazing thing about these, aside from their ease and short ingredient list, is that they taste buttery and there's zero butter involved!
Note that these call for whole milk plain Greek yogurt. You cannot use regular yogurt with this recipe, can't, don't ask if you can!
Regular yogurt is too runny and watery. I tried it once, it was a total fail. No regular yogurt, folks!
For extra details about these flatbreads, stop on by the blog post today!
Grilled Yogurt Flatbreads
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon (12 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups (341 g) full-fat plain Greek yogurt (see note)
- olive oil or vegetable oil for grilling
- seasonings of choice such as Everything Bagel
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients (except for the seasonings of choice) and fluff with a fork.
- Add the yogurt and mix with a spatula until the dough is shaggy and the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Lightly flour a work surface and dump the dough out onto it. Knead the dough until it comes together into a smooth ball, about 10 or 15 big kneads.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces with a knife or a bench scrapper.
- Lightly flour a rolling pin and roll each ball very thin into rounds about 6" in diameter. Don't worry if they are not perfect circles. Place on a large tray.
- To grill, on a medium-high heat gas grill, brush one side of a few rounds with olive or other oil and place the oiled side down directly on the grill grates.
- Brush the tops of the rounds that are grilling with oil and sprinkle on your seasoning of choice.
- Once bubbles form and the grilled side looks baked after about 2-4 minutes and they have nice brown grill marks, flip and continue grilling until cooked, about another 2-4 minutes. Feel free to lightly oil the cooked sides and sprinkle with more seasoning.
- Repeat with the remaining rounds. Serve warm.
- For all the best tips and details about this recipe, hit up Grilled Yogurt Flatbreads on thebakedept.com!