Make trendy, healthy “2-Ingredient” Bagels, or use the dough to make pizzas, dessert and more.
2-Ingredient Bagels are a famous Internet recipe, originally introduced by Weight Watchers. However, I like to keep things candid. It's really not two ingredients, and that is why I am putting out my version of the web classic. This easy, healthy dough can be used for many things such as bagels, pizza, breadsticks, and cinnamon twists.
I’m in NYC, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that “2-Ingredient” Bagels are not bagels in the truest sense. However, they are tasty, healthy, have a nice texture, and they work wonderfully shmeared with cream cheese or loaded up with toppings like a sandwich. They are also fairly small, which lends to better portion control.
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment and spray lightly with oil.
- Combine the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Add Yogurt and fold continuously into the flour using your fingers.
- The dough will be very sticky until it fully comes together. Once you achieve a dough ball, knead well for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 even balls. Roll each into a strand and bring the two ends together, pinching them closed to form a ring.
- Place the 8 bagels on the prepared baking sheet. With a pastry brush, lightly spread beaten Egg onto each bagel, then top with the seeds.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Bagels store nicely in the refrigerator and taste best if warmed up a little before serving.
- Pizza Variation: Make the dough the same way, then divide into 2 equal parts. Place parchment paper on 2 Quarter sheet pans, or use the full dough for a Half sheet pan. Press the dough into the pan, slowly spreading and flattening it with your palms until you've gone to the edges of the pan and the dough thickness looks even. Top as desired. Bake at 400 for 20 Minutes.
- Cinnamon Twists Variation: Make the dough per the instructions above. Mix 1/4 Cup Sugar with 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon. Spread the cinnamon sugar out onto a plate. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll into strands, then roll each strand in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bring both ends of the strand together, then twist a couple times. Your finished twist should have a loop on the side opposite of the 2 end pieces. Bake on a parchment-lined sheet pan at 400 for 15-18 minutes.