Mixed-Berry Ice Cream Shake
***This post is made in collaboration with Empress 1908 Gin. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
This Mixed-Berry Ice Cream Shake will start the party off right. It’s made with a delicious mixed berry compote, club soda, dairy-free vanilla ice cream and a couple splashes of Empress Gin. This shake is rich and creamy, and the homemade compote paired with the beautiful taste of the gin makes for a phenomenal dessert. It will blow your mind!
- An adult ice cream shake
- Empress 1908 Gin
- Homemade mixed berry compote
- Perfect for summer or during the holidays (can you say fun Christmas party?!?)
Ingredient Notes For This Mixed-Berry Ice Cream Shake:
- Berries – I use a combination of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, and it works so well with this gin. The flavors just play off of each other so well.
- Lemon Juice – This is a must for this recipe. The lemon juice mellows out the sweetness of the compote a bit, and brings it all together.
- Ice Cream – I use my favorite dairy-free brand, but feel free to use whatever brand you want.
- Pro Tip – This recipe accommodates two large servings. To the bottom of each glass, add a couple tablespoons of the fruit compote. When prepping the shake, be sure to add some additional compote to the shake itself. It not only gives it great color, but reinforces that delicious berry flavor!
- Compote – The fruit compote should keep in the fridge for about a week.
This Mixed-Berry Ice Cream Shake is so versatile…it’s easy enough to make for a chill summer day, or a BBQ with friends, and it is also elegant enough for a fun holiday party. IT IS THAT GOOD!!! So, if you give this fun dessert a try be sure to let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.
To read more on the history of Empress Gin and how it came to be, please check out my Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade post.
And, click here for more delicious Empress Gin recipes.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating on my blog so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!
- If you are interested, all of the product links for this post are within the actual blog post on my website. Please be sure to check it out!
Mixed-Berry Ice Cream Shake
- 2 cups Berries, washed (4 oz blueberries, 6 oz raspberries, 6 oz blackberries)
- 1/2 cup Water, filtered
- 1/2 cup Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed juice (equivalent to 1/2 of a large lemon)
MIXED-BERRY ICE CREAM SHAKE:
- Fruit Compote, to taste
- 1/4 cup Club Soda
- 6 large scoops Dairy-Free Vanilla Ice Cream, or Vanilla Ice Cream of choice
- 1 – 1 1/2 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- Optional: Coconut Whipped Topping or Whipped Cream, for topping
- Prepare the fruit compote: To a small saucepan, add the sugar, water, fruit and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Simmer: Cook on medium-high heat until the mixture begins to boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes until it thickens.
- Let cool: Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Assemble the ice cream shake: To the bottom of each glass, add a couple tablespoons of the fruit compote.
- Blend: To a blender, add the club soda and ice cream and blend well. Add the Empress Gin and some additional compote and blend until just incorporated.
- Divide: Equally divide the Mixed-Berry Ice Cream Shake among two glasses.
- Optional: Top with coconut whipped cream. Enjoy immediately!
- Compote: The fruit compote should keep in the fridge for about a week.
- Servings: This recipe will make 2, 12 oz. glasses.