Homemade Mocha Frappuccino
Of all the frappuccino recipes on this blog, it was extremely necessary to add a mocha frappuccino. One can even call it a mocha chip frappuccino.
My goal is to be able to make all my favorite frappuccinos from home. As much as I love to support my local coffeehouse, I want the trip to be optional.
As the weather sneaks in a couple of nice days here and there, I instantly crave icy coffee drinks. We’ve been cleaning up the yard and it’s becoming a nice place to hang out again.
I cannot wait to show everyone what my husband made in the yard, but it’s not quite ready yet. That will have to be in another post. But, it’s going to be awfully nice to look at while sipping a cold coffee drink in a comfy seat!
(Exact measurements are in the recipe card below)
- Chocolate syrup
- Mini chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
How to make a mocha frappuccino
Brew strong coffee and let cool.
Pour the cooled strong coffee into your blender.
Add milk or milk substitute to the blender with the coffee.
Pour in the chocolate syrup, sugar, and mini chocolate chips. Keep some syrup and chips out for the topping if you choose.
Add the ice to the blender.
Blend into icy deliciousness.
Pour into glasses to serve.
Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and mini chocolate chips.
Lighten it up
If you’d like to make a lighter version of this drink, you can easily do so by using skim milk or another milk alternative with fewer calories.
Use sugar-free chocolate syrup, sugar-free chips, and even sugar-free whipped cream should you choose to do so.
Yum! Enjoy your homemade mocha chip frappuccino.
Recipe Notes and FAQ
What’s the best coffee to use in this icy drink recipe?
I like to use a dark roast in blender drinks since the ice tends to water it down a bit. Death Wish coffee is great for this. You know it’s a bold roast with a name like that!
Ever have days where it feels like your coffee could use some coffee? Try Death Wish Coffee -- The World's Strongest Coffee.
- Bold, not bitter
- Highest-quality arabica + robusta beans
- Fair Trade
- USDA Certified Organic
- Many Options & Varieties
- Fun, Edgy, & Rebellious Packaging!
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
Fancy frappuccinos to make at home
- Birthday cake frappuccino with delicious whipped topping.
- Matcha Green tea frappuccino.
- Unique and flavorful Nutella coffee frappuccino.
- Creamy and dreamy Caramel frappuccino.
- Vanilla bean frappuccino when you want a caffeine free icy drink.
- Java chip frappuccino with the crunchy chips and all.
Please subscribe to the blog for more recipes like this one.
Which coffeehouse drinks would you love to make at home?
Let me know if you try this mocha frappuccino!
Homemade Mocha Frappuccino
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled or chilled
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, plus extra for garnish
- 2-3 cups of ice
- whipped topping for serving
- Add coffee, milk, chocolate syrup, and mini chocolate chips to the blender.
- Add ice and blend well.
- Pour into serving cups and top with whipped topping, chocolate syrup, and mini chocolate chips.
- Serves 2-4
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!